This Information Will Be Updated Regularly as the Event Approaches. Please Check Back Here for New Updates
This year WISSA will be nationally televised in over 86 million households on numerous sports networks. WISSA (World Ice and Snow Sailing Association) is an annual world championship event. The 2012 WISSA will be the 32nd annual celebration of this exciting contest.
Racers from all over the world will gather to one location for an entire week. There are several classes in this sport, but the WISSA is the only event where all of them are together in one location. The following classes will be present at WISSA 2012:
There are 3 classes in WISSA World Championship:
- Sled Class: Any sled powered by windsurfing rig where the rider is standing
- Hand Held Class: Any wing held directly by hand
- Kite Class: Any wing connected by line
WISSA 2012 is packed with exciting activities that will keep competitors and spectators entertained as well. During the day, thrilling races will take place and sponsors will have their booths open to demonstrate equipment or sell food and refreshments. In the evenings, parties and other gatherings will offer a great opportunity to meet the racers and make friends. Meanwhile, competitors will still have plenty of time to wax and perfect their equipment.
Here’s a quick preview of some of the other events and features planned for WISSA 2012:
- 11+ Acres of Zamboni ice for the slalom event.
- Use of the Zamboni in a garage on the ice
- Warming tent on the ice
- Food Tents
- Beer Tents
- Free shuttle to get around town
- Traditional chalets built on the ice
Special thanks to the volunteers who are doing a lot of work for WISSA 2012. No race could be held without their help. Also, special thanks to all of the sponsors who will help make this event happen. You can support these sponsors by visiting their booths on the ice during the week’s events.
WISSA 2012 / Schedule
Sunday, Feb. 19
- WISSA practice begins
- Registration will be held from 10-12pm and 2-4 pm
- WISSA opening ceremony in the evening
Monday, Feb. 20 – Saturday, Feb. 25
- Registration at 8-9 am
- Skipper's meeting at 9 am
- WISSA races in all disciplines and classes according to wind conditions
- WISSA Championship Awards and Party on Sat evening
Sunday, Feb. 26:
There will also be many unique booths, both food and product-related, throughout the week. Stop by to check out the make amazing equipment demonstrations and food offerings in between races.